Northern Spain Real Food Adventure
Explore the sights, sounds and tastes of Northern Spain on this food-focused adventure. Immerse yourself in local history and culture as you sample produce at Santa Catarina Market, whip up Catalan specialties in a cooking class, enjoy myriad tapas bars in Logrono, discover the medieval streets and underground wine caves of Laguardia, and venture north to San Sebastian where beaches and a thriving food and arts scene bask together under a beaming sun. Experience a traditional Asturian sidreria (cider house) near Oviedo, attend a centuries' old farmers market in the Potes and taste fresh seafood on the coast in Galicia. With Santiago de Compostela in your sights, your Spanish food pilgrimage is a path worth taking.
- Barcelona - Cava or Vermouth tasting
- Barcelona - Santa Caterina Market Tour
- Barcelona - Catalan cooking demonstration and lunch
- Logrono - Tapas Crawl
- Laguardia - Wine cellar visit and tasting
- San Sebastian - Basque cooking class
- San Sebastian - Market tour
- Picos de Europa - Cocido Lebaniego cooking demonstration and dinner
- Potes - Market visit and brunch
- Arenas de Cabrales - Cheese tasting
- Oviedo - Asturian cider house visit and tasting
- Picos de Europa - National Park Visit
- Oviedo - Guided walk and market tour
- A Coruna - Fish market visit and seafood lunch
- Santiago de Compostela - City night walk
- Santiago de Compostela - Market visit and tasting tour
- Uncover the local specialties of Asturia and Galicia, sampling true Asturian cider poured in the traditional style, and eating fresh Galician mussels straight from the sea in A Coruna.
- Few places know how to do a farmer’s market better than Potes, so lap up all of the food traditions with an included market brunch of delicious regional offerings.
- Learn the difference between pinxtos and tapas with a number of opportunities to crawl around town, tasting the local fare – Logrono’s Old Town has some of the best in the country.
- In between market visits and tapas tastings, discover the medieval history and charming cobbled laneways of Northern Spain, stopping off for a glass of the local drop to soak up your surroundings.
- Learn from local experts with cooking demonstrations and classes, highlighting regional specialities like Cocido Lebaniego.